4.09.2016

The Bronze and Contour Roundup

I have a round face, and I'd like to believe I look youthful with chubby cheeks and all, but after dozens of photos with my face coming full circle (pun intended), I have ventured to the land of the bronzed and contoured. And I don't want to look back.



So it's another roundup again since I realized that I really enjoyed writing about my Eyeshadow Palette Roundup which I found that rather than talking about my makeup collection as a whole, it would be much more detailed and thorough if I did it by portion.


So I have five bronzing/contouring products in my arsenal, mostly powders and one cream in the bunch. Please keep in mind I have pale skin, I am between NC20-NC25 for reference, so if you are within those lines or a couple of shades darker in terms of complexion, these might suit you.

I love a good touch of warmth on my skin but I also enjoy a sculpted look as well so these are a bit of a mixed selection of whatever I want to do.

Swatches


TheBalm Bahama Mama is the deepest shade in my collection and is more of a cool toned slightly leaning towards taupe but not quite brown. When I really want a fully sculpted look, I use this on the outermost corner of my contour to create an illusion of true depth, but I would not use this on its own as I like to have a gradient of color to make it more subtle. But since I don't sculpt as much as before, this has pretty much been used as a brow powder since the pigmentation is so strong it's perfect for my brows as a nice brown.

Etude House Playstick Contour Duo is the odd one out of the bunch as the cream but since I really wanted to try creams I picked it up, and knowing Korean brands, I know that their contour products suit lighter skin tones. It has more of a warm brown tone which can go slightly orange-y for some but not on me I find. It's easy to blend and looks great but it's even better when set with a contour powder on its own to improve its longevity on skin. I love experimenting with it on some days when I have a little more time to do my makeup but I don't reach for this on a regular basis because of my oily skin.

Snoe Slim Shade Me in Peanut is clearly well loved just by looking at the fact that it might be the first one of the bunch to be hit pan on, despite it only being in my property for a mere six months. But is nothing short of amazing for me since the tone of the product itself is unique, it has a slight reddish tinge on it but can actually look realistic in terms of sculpting the face. I love that I use only a small amount but the powder is so soft that it kicks up every time a brush is dipped or swiped into it. I'm quite happy to have found such a great local find which is under the P1000 peso mark for a contour product.

Carmen Claire Shine Patrol in Tan was picked up because I wanted to try contouring using "skin-toned" products, hence a darker face powder, it's not a powder foundation and more of a blot powder but I have to say that the colour is a nice warm brown though also slightly reddish. It is buildable to go as a hint of warmth of a real bronze goddess look.

Happy Skin Sculptacular Palette is worth the splurge just for the contour shade which I must say should come in a separate and much larger pan. It's a very finely milled sheer cool brown shade which is buildable and lovely on camera. It also looks real in person but in a more different note than the Slim Shade Me powder. It's nearer to Bahama Mama in the aspect of tone but since it is sheer it is easier to work with and the powder quality is just on a different level.


And that is it for the roundup, and if you guys have other recommendations for bronzers or contour powders please comment down below so I can check them out! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.