4.02.2016

"So You've Been Wearing Too Much Makeup Lately" Skin Care Picks

So you've been wearing too much makeup recently? A situation I find myself  in a lot because I wear it to work and when skin's gone crazy, I'll need to add extra. But we need skin to breathe and it needs time to heal itself from the abuse, and here are my picks for when skin just needs to relax and lay-off the makeup.


I always use cleansing oil for thorough and quick makeup removal. And the Biore Cleansing oil is just the thing with that as it also guarantees heavy eye makeup removal (i.e. Waterproof Mascara). It just easily melts of all the makeup.

Next up is the Banila Co Clean it Zero Cleansing foam, a pleasant gentle foam cleanser that doesn't strip skin of moisture but leaves skin clean as well. Some do like using a flannel with their cleansers which can also physically removes makeup and dirt on skin.

Now toner is optional, I personally have  a wide variety of toners on hand, a soothing and a clarifying type but it's not going to be totally necessary if one does a thorough clean up job. 

But masks are a must for tired skin for me, I personally feel that my basic skin care routine is not enough so a little boost of nourishment is in order from time to time. But of course it all depends on skin type.

The Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is quite well-known for it's blemish reduction properties and I personally reach for this for a nice deep cleanse of pores, As I am also an oily skinned gal, I go for clay masks, but I don't see any problem using a clay mask for other skin types once in a while. I also just love the minty fresh sensation it gives my face, when I feel that my skin has just went through a number of sweltering activities which most likely trapped a lot of dirt, oil and makeup. 

And this is one of my current star products, the Snoe It's Oat-K It's alright Quenching Masque which is a mouthful which is just my favorite slap and go skin care product at the moment, it's perfect for when skin is irritated from too much makeup or stress induced allergic reactions. It has oatmeal, which is my number one skin soothing ingredient and it has a bunch of other skin treats, but it personally gives a refreshing feel to the face. It can be used everyday which I would if I could but I don't want it to run out so quickly.

And if you are all into a nice exfoliating treat, the Baby Smooth by Cleansing Research Skin Clear Peeling Gel is a gommage peeling gel which is probably one of the most satisfying things to look at when done. This can be used twice a week and I find that when I haven't used it in a while more dead skin comes off, it's gross I know, but one can also see the sheer effect of wearing makeup. After cleansing I wait for my skin to dry and apply this and rub for a minute and see all the bits of dead skin rub off, skin feels smoother after and with that you can really feel your other skin care products sink into skin or penetrate deeper in.

And those are my few picks, if anyone has any good "blah"skin picker-uppers, please tell me in the comments below because I would love to check them out!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.